Terms of Reference for Advocacy and Communications Officer
PSD is a women/youth-led Non-Profit Organization that is committed towards advancing Social Justice and Development of women to be able to take shape of their destiny. PSD envisions a society without injustice, violence and poverty and the mission is to work with vulnerable communities to address social injustices, alleviation of poverty and violence
Interested persons with requisite qualifications and passion for excellence are hereby invited to seize this opportunity;
Location: Uganda, based in Kampala at Head Office
Application deadline: 28th July 2023 (Midnight East African Standard Time)
Type of Contract: Project Service Contract.
Languages Required: English, Luganda
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year initially (Extendable).
|Required Education||Bachelor’s degree in Law, Mass Communications and Journalism, Media Studies, Development Communication or relevant discipline.|
|Required Education||i). Post graduate tertiary or equivalent is an added advantage in Law, Mass Communication, Public policy or other relevant qualification. At least three years of work experience in similar environment.
ii). At least 2 years working experience of related advocacy and communication employment/assignment.
iii). Experience in implementing organizational advocacy and communication strategies; coordinating communication and advocacy activities in NGO related contexts.
iv). Track record in writing, editing articles, reports, and press releases.
v). Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences.
vi). Excellent command of written and spoken English and able to operate in the Luganda language.
The Advocacy and Communications Officer will contribute to PSD’s vision, mission and strategies focused on advocacy and communication. The Officer is responsible for designing and implementing strategies that can influence policy and practice change among young adolescents and leaders in relation to enjoyment of SRHRs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and review of PSD’s communication and advocacy strategies.
- Manage and support the design and implementation of PSD’s SRHRs advocacy campaigns and partnerships with members and technical working groups.
- Manage and regularly update PSD’s online platforms including social media, twitter, website, Facebook and related platforms.
- Provide support to organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, training and delivery of outputs.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- PSD is an equal opportunity employer who do not discriminate against individual on ay basis and grounds.
- PSD offers competitive and attractive packages
- Young people are encouraged to apply
Applications should be addressed to the Executive Director sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position applied for in the subject matter. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.