TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Project Title||Empowering Women to Promote Peaceful and Gender Equal Societies in Wakiso District.|
|Work Description||Consultancy for the development of messages, conversations and illustration for IEC Materials.|
|Expected Start Date||13th December 2021|
|Application procedure||Submit both the financial and technical proposal describing the methodologytobefollowedaccompanied by a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, samples of previous works, addressed to the to the Executive Director Paradigm for Social Justice and Development (PSD) with the subject IEC Materials.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com, latest by 5:00pm December 08th 2021.
- Background and Rationale
Paradigm for Justice and Development (PSD) is a women’s right organization founded in 2019 by group of women lawyers and human rights activists committed towards advancing social justice and empowerment of the youth and women. The organization envisions a society without justice, violence and poverty. Our mission is to work with vulnerable communities to address social injustices, alleviate poverty and violence.
In partnership with the Women Peace and Humanitarian Fund and UN Women, PSD is implementing the Project entitled “Empowering women to promote peaceful and gender equal societies in Wakiso district”. The project goal is to increase meaningful participation of women in decision making, conflict prevention processes and response.
PSD in a bid to promote women’s participation in conflict prevention, decision making processes and strengthen women led early warning systems for creating awareness; through community dialogues and media engagements. PSD is desirous to contract a consultant to developInformation, Education and Communication (IEC) materials on the importance and role of women’s meaningful participation in decision making processes, conflict prevention, management and response. The content will include messages, conversations and illustration onthe importance of women being at the centre of peace building processes in the community and the consequences of Violence Against Women.
- Objectives of the Consultancy
- To develop messages, conversations and illustrations for Calendars in both English and Luganda on women’s meaningful participation in peace building processes in their community and the far-reaching consequences of violence to women.
- To design the Calendars.
- An inception report providing the details on the methods and tools to be used and the work plan.
- Draft report on the developed Calendars.
- Final consultancy report and adequate samples of the Calendars both in English and Luganda both in soft and hard copy ready for production.
- Duration of the consultancy
The total duration of the consultancy will be 10 days.
The Consultant will report to the Project coordinator and the Executive Director.
- Consultant’s qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems and Technology or Peace and conflict studies. Master of Science in information systems is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in IEC materials development in the areas of conflict resolution and peace building.
- The applicant must have proven competencies in documentation, graphic design, and behavioural change communication, good writing skills and excellent in English and Luganda language.