TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Project Title||Empowering Women to Promote Peaceful and Gender Equal Societies in Wakiso District.|
|Work Description||Design an online communication strategy, brand PSD’s social media platforms, design and layout publications and communication materials.|
|Expected Start Date||20th December 2021|
|Application procedure||Submit both the financial and technical proposal describing themethodologytobefollowedaccompanied by a detailed CV, motivation letter, addressed to the totheExecutiveDirector Paradigm for Social Justice and Development (PSD) with the subject Communication and Visibility.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com, latest by 5:00pm December 16th 2021.
Background and Rationale
Paradigm for Justice and Development (PSD) is a women’s right organization founded in 2019 by group of women lawyers and human rights activists committed towards advancing social justice and empowerment of the youth and women. The organization envisions a society without justice, violence and poverty. Our mission is to work with vulnerable communities to address social injustices, alleviate poverty and violence.
In partnership with the Women Peace and Humanitarian Fund and UN Women, PSD is implementing the Project entitled “Empowering women to promote peaceful and gender equal societies in Wakiso district”. The project goal is to increase meaningful participation of women in decision making, conflict prevention processes and response.
PSD aims to promote the Project and its results among Project beneficiaries, stakeholders, development partners and a wider audience; thereby increasing impact and visibility for the Project and PSD as well as disseminating information about the Project results.
In a bid to promote PSD’s visibility and its Projects, PSD intendsto produce Project success stories or Newsletter bulletin on the Project progress, impact and lessons learned. This will be shared on PSD’s social media platforms, website and with the different stakeholders. The Success Stories Bulletin will be produced quarterly. The Consultant will also be expected to brand PSD’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). The Platforms will be used to provide updates about ongoing activities, experiences, success stories, lessons learned etc to the Stakeholders, Partners and Project beneficiaries, and the wider audience; develop an online communication strategy to increase visibility of the organization in terms of its work; and produce Project videos and materials of content which will capture short stories (in form of experience sharing and opinions) from the Project beneficiaries and stakeholders. The videos and stories will be captured during activities and will be published on the website and social media platforms.
PSD is therefore desirous to contract a consultant or consultancy firm to design, develop and lay out communication materials aimed at promoting her visibility.
Objectives of the Consultancy
- To develop and design PSD’s online communication strategy
- To brand PSD’s social media platforms that is Twitter and Facebook.
- To develop, design,layout and provide materials of content (videography, photography) for the web site and social media platforms which include; production of short Project videos, newsletter and success stories bulletin.
- An inception report providing the details on the methods and tools to be used and the work plan.
- Draft report on the assignment
- Final consultancy report and the finished materials in soft and hard copy.
Duration of the Consultancy
The total duration of the consultancy will be 10 days.
The Consultant will report to the Project coordinator and the Executive Director.
Consultant’s Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems and Technology, journalism, digital marketing or any other areas of social sciences. Master of Science in information systems is an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in online communication, developing and branding social media platforms for an NGO.
- Experience in social media reach and engagement monitoring and analysis.
- Proven ability to create compelling communication materials (photography, videography, as well as written)
- Knowledge of using photo and video editing software is a requirement.
- Professional quality photography and videography skills.
- Adept at using a wide range of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, Blogger, etc.
- The applicant must have proven competencies in documentation, graphic design, and good writing skills and excellent in English.